So today’s post is a little different.. I accidentally made cabbage chips and they’re frickin delicious!
This happened while trying to put together a half decent meal with whatever we had available in the fridge. Our cabbage was on it’s last legs, so I needed to do something with it. Instead of boiling the cabbage, I decided to bake it in the oven. And that my friends, is how I discovered cabbage chips. They are basically like kale chips, but WAY better.
Heres how you make this tasty treat!
1 half of green cabbage (outer leaves torn)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 to 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
Spices or seasonings of choice
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place cabbage leaves in a large bowl and drizzle with oil. Massage the oil into the kale with your hands until the leaves are thoroughly coated.
- Place the cabbage in a single layer on the baking sheets (they get crispier this way). Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and or other spices and seasoning (optional).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the pans and bake for 7 to 10 minutes more.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or less, until leaves are crispy!
- Serve the cabbage chips and ENJOY!
Cutting Board: Indigo
Dish Towel: Wal-Mart