Today, I’m sharing my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe with you and unfortunately this isn’t the vegan version as I couldn’t find any dairy free chocolate chips at my local grocery store. However, I will adding the substitutes to make this snack vegan in the ingredients below!
Mike and I love this banana bread! I think the trick to this recipe is that I only add two bananas instead of 4 or 5, plus the heaping amount of chocolate chips! There’s something about banana and chocolate that go so well together, and lastly, this bread is so moist, it melts in your mouth!
Heres how you make this sweet treat!
8 Tablespoons of Vegan Butter
1 Cup of packed Brown Sugar
2 Farm Fresh Eggs beaten OR 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed and 3/8 Cup of Water.
1 1/2 Teaspoons of Pure Vanilla Extract
2 Ripe Bananas
1 3/4 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1 Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips or Dairy free Chocolate Chips.
1 to 2 Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or wipe pan with napkin and vegan butter.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer.) beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Add the bananas and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips and the granulated sugar over the top.
- Bake until the top is a golden brown, 50-50 minutes. Insert a tester to the center of the bread until it comes out clean. Let the bread cool, slice and serve with vegan butter.
- When completely cool, covered pan with foil and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. ENJOY!