Hello Friends! I have made the yummiest raspberry lemon sugar cookies and I would love to share them with you.
3 cups of all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 cup of sugar
2 sticks of soften butter
1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
zest of 1 whole lemon
juice of 1 whole lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder and set aside. – I also added 2 scoops of collagen peptides.
- In a separate bowl mix together the sugar and lemon zest. Use your fingers to work the lest into the sugar, releasing all the oils.
- Add the butter, and use a mixer to mix until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla and lemon juice and mix until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until combined. Dough will be crumbly.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until dough comes together.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut using heart shaped cookie cutters. Place hearts on baking sheet (1 inch apart) and freeze for five minutes before baking.
- Bake each batch for 15 minutes. Allow time to cool before icing.
3 cups of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of milk
1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- In a medium bowl, using a mixer, mix together the powdered sugar and butter on a low speed.
- Stir in the vanilla, milk and raspberries.
- Mix until the frosting is smooth and spreadable.
Tip: To ice cookies, put icing in a small bowl and microwave for 30-40 seconds until icing is semi melted. Dip cookies face down in the bowl to achieve a smooth icing topping.