Mike and I LOVE the taste of these faux chicken wings, they are a total crowd pleaser! I recently brought these wings to a beach gathering and they were devoured in minutes!
- 2 x 350g. packages of extra firm tofu, ripped into chucks
- 1 c. corn starch
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups Panko
- 1 cup of President’s Choice bread crumbs
- Unsweetened oat milk (to dredge the tofu)
- 1/2 c. vegan Caesar salad dressing (I couldn’t find vegan, so I used original)
- 1/2 c. vegan blue cheese salad dressing (I couldn’t find vegan, so I used original)
- 1/4 a 350 ml bottle of honey garlic (I used President’s Choice Wing Sauce)
- 1/2 a 354 ml bottle of hot sauce (I used Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- Using a paper towel, pat the tofu dry. In a large shallow bowl , toss the tofu in the cornstarch to lightly coat. In another large shallow bowl, pour the oat milk and drench the cornstarch covered tofu. Next, combine the Panko, PC bread crumbs, sea salt and garlic powder into another large shallow bowl. Lightly coat the tofu in the Panko mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium frying pan heat 1 c. of oil on medium heat. Cook the tofu on all sides (you should only have to turn it once) until it is lightly browned, about 8 minutes per side. When done, set on a paper towel and set aside.
- Take half of the tofu wings and place them in a large bowl. Pour 1/2 a bottle of hot sauce over the wings and shake until the wings are covered. Do the same for the other half using 1/4 bottle of honey garlic sauce. Place the wings in a dish served with a side of blue cheese and Caesar salad dressing and enjoy!
*** Use the leftovers to make buffalo caesar wraps!