It’s peach season! Last week, I bought a basket of peaches and they were going soft so quickly that I decided to bake a peach crisp! I had lots of requests for the recipe, so I thought I would add it to the blog.
For the Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter (I used Becel’s Vegan Butter)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
For the Filling:
- 5-6 medium peaches sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F. Use a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Add butter and use a fork to cut the butter into the dry mixture. Stir in the oats and transfer to the refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Add the peaches to a mixing bowl and sprinkle the flour and sugar on top. Stir until peaches are well coated with sugar and flour. Butter the baking pan and scoop the peach mixture into the pan. Remove topping mixture from the refrigerator and sprinkle overtop of the peach mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 45 mins or until the topping is lightly golden and the juices are bubbling.
- Remove from oven and transfer to wire rack until cool.
- Once cool, serve crisp with vegan vanilla ice cream ( I use Halo) and enjoy!